1/2 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup ground oats plus 1/2 cup oats
3 beaten eggs (You can substitute 3 tablespoons of ground flax seed plus water to soak)
2 tablespoons honey (not necessary if you are covering your pancakes in maple syrup, but…)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cups soy, almond or organic milk
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Sliced cheese of your choice – ricotta, sharp cheddar
Pure maple syrup to drizzle, or in my husband’s case douse your pancakes
1. Preheat lightly oiled or greased skillet to medium heat
2. In a large bowl, mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt
3. In a small bowl, mix oats (honey if using) and milk. Whisk in eggs and olive oil. If not using eggs, whisk in the olive oil and then add the flaxseed and water mixture.
4. Pour into the flour mixture and continue mixing until smooth.
5. Carefully fold in the blueberries.
6. Pour batter about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbles appear. Flip, and continue cooking until lightly browned. Serve with sliced cheese in the middle and on top of the pancakes