I love Larabars because there are usually only three to four ingredients, and my 19 month old devours them, but they are very expensive. So I decided to make my own. Our family loves bananas, so I started with a banana, date and almond bar.
That’s right, you only need those three ingredients:
1/2 cup organic dates
1/2 cup dried bananas
1/3 cup raw almonds
1. Preheat oven to 175F
2. Thinly slice two bananas and place on a greased baking sheet
3. Place baking sheet in oven and cook for 2-3 hours until dry (you can use a food dehydrator to simplifiy this process)
4. Chop 1/2 cup of dates
5. Combine dates and dried banana into a food processor and process until you have a thick and sticky substance
6. Remove from processor and set aside
7. Place 1/3 cup raw almonds in the food processor and process for 1 min (add more almonds if you want more crunch – I prefer chewy)
8. Combine almonds with the date/banana blend and mix together with your hands
9. Roll flat with a rolling pin and cut into bars
10. Wrap individually and refrigerate
These bars are great for on-the-go!